« Home | habit » | Nokia Sensor » | Punk Rock Show - Rock out with your Cock Out » | Dog sitting! » | Caroline dancing on the pack n' play.   » | Bugger! » | Google is the worlds largest media company! » | Found » | The Colors are in! Are you hip enough wear these » | Connections » 

Friday, June 17, 2005 

Recycle, Re-use, Reduce

I just got a email about attending a Sierra Club meeting in Atlanta about The Beltline Project. This project would convert unused rail tracks that encircle midtown/downtown and create a low-impact local transit/park/path system to give inner-Atlanta residents a reason to not drive. This idea has been floating around for a while. Those of us in Atlanta know these tracks and sometimes walk along them in Piedmont Park or by North Ave. Can you imagine being able to walk/ride a bike/rollarblade/ take a trolley to get to the park or go to Ru San's or just get to a local Marta station. This system would make Atlanta a travel/tourist friendly location again, let people walk through the city and feel connected to rest of it.

Everyone bitches about public transit and park systems, here is a way to do something about it.

About me

  • I'm todd
  • From Atlanta, Georgia, United States
  • I work in a cube, dreaming of the outside world all day. There are no windows near me, only virtual images displayed in front of me. I try to be creative from time to time, but it's hard to minic the world when you don't remember what it looks like. This is why I travel and take in new sights and sounds and people, when it's posible. Stimulation is better than simulation. I also ramble aimlessly on about absolutely nothing.
My profile

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates