« Home | Enronic » | Let them eat . . . enchiladas? » | Beast Blender » | 3 Days, 4 States, 4 hotel rooms, 2 Cars, 1 Wedding » | Keys to my heart ! » | 360 Electrical Outlets » | Wulffmorgenthaler's Daily » | Field Trip » | Jon in the Morning Rules! » | Blink » 

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 

Connections

Some random blogs I'm reading on lately are posting about inter-connection and the social network of online friends. ( when I say random -- I mean that I haven't met her yet, in person).

So one statement or thought I'd like to continue on is with meeting people with AIM. Can you image if AIM, or whatever chat client you're using, had the capability of showing you, in a speedy format, all your friends online and then a web or net connection of all their friends and friends of friends, etc. in a 3D map of where they are, if they're online, color coded for work/friend/college/hs/etc. reason for the connection. So when the chat session was enabled it could show you -- if you want to have it open -- the reason you're connected (Vinnie's Ex-girlfriends' Sister's Raver Friend from College who is in Pgh (Pittsburgh, took be a while to figure that one out -- I'm not good with town nicknames or abbr.) -- ( I'll continue with this endless thought ) )where you are in relationship to this person (city or street or unknown), maybe put some other useless data in the window too -- like music listening to and weather in both places.

My point -- right, I should have one of those -- this would be a cool app. There would have to be specific advertising based on messaging content, enbedded links through web services like amazon/ebay/drug delivery service SMS/etc. to get it running and be worth while to program -- unless some over-zealous Jython programmer wants to take this on (James, want to expand you chat client) --

You're it now SUCKA!

OK, first of all, my post was so less technical and far more understandable/interesting. You and Vin must share some superhuman techy gene that allows this sort of discourse.

Also you have the connection wrong!"Vinnie's Ex-girlfriends' Sister's Raver Friend from College who is in Pgh "

I am Vin's Ex in NYC, my sister IN Pgh was a mad raver who knows /met via the internet a different mad raver in NJ.

You -> Vin -> me -> Sister Julie -> Mad raver in NJ

and that was confused with the situation where Vin knows Matt from Extreme Blue (I think). Matt lives in Pgh and should check out my sister's boyfriends bar and my brother awesome band.

Vin ->Me -> Julie or Michael (my bro.)

Fayza is from college and has been talking to everyone now so:

Fayza -> me -> Vin -> You


AHHH!!! Overload!

So understandable = interesting -- I'll remember that.

Vin and I have this unusual tech gene which is why we were so amazed at where are 11+ years after we were friends in P-Dubs. My neighbors are like this too -- but not all my friends. I also rock climb, but that's a whole different life.

The fact that I was close with that ridiculous connection map shows that this trial of posts is out of hand. I wasn't even trying to make it work.

Uninteresting part -- my neighbors think they can make what I was talking about pretty easily -- they're the Jython programmers. We talked about it last night and this morning at breakfast.

Hi. I'm Fayza. I'll talk to a rock. I like people. I just like talking.

those are some really good points.

yahoo messenger will tell your friends what song you are listening to if you use their music service (which i think is kickass.)

i agree with you about the IM having social networks built in. Basically, i think it needs to be ubiqutious. we need an app to do EVERYTHING, blog, im, email, wikis, and social networks. Tieing everything together so you can navigate through another persons identiy on the web.

at ibm, we have a cool internal chat program that tries to location awareness by the router you are logged on to. if it can't figure it out, or it's wrong, you can change it. if enough ppl change it, it can learn. it also keeps your location persistant, so if you log off, it will say "last logged in at NYC at 11:37am."

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm todd
  • From Atlanta, Georgia, United States
  • I work in a cube, dreaming of the outside world all day. There are no windows near me, only virtual images displayed in front of me. I try to be creative from time to time, but it's hard to minic the world when you don't remember what it looks like. This is why I travel and take in new sights and sounds and people, when it's posible. Stimulation is better than simulation. I also ramble aimlessly on about absolutely nothing.
My profile

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates