« Home | Keys to my heart ! » | 360 Electrical Outlets » | Wulffmorgenthaler's Daily » | Field Trip » | Jon in the Morning Rules! » | Blink » | Silent Speech Technology » | Which one are you? » | The True Artist » | Adopt a Chicken » 

Monday, May 23, 2005 

3 Days, 4 States, 4 hotel rooms, 2 Cars, 1 Wedding

This is probably the longest weekend I've had in a while. I started out on Friday at 6am, getting up early to go to work so I could leave early to get to the airport. I get to the airport, not realizing that there are 3 hour delays on all flights because the tower was struck by lightning. This translates to Todd getting screwed on the non-rev travel. Around 8pm I call my mom to figure out my best plan of action. She says to go to Milwaukee and drive to Chicago. At this point in my life, I know my mom is always right about this stuff. I list on the Milwaukee flight and I know my bag is going to end up in Chicago. I get on the flight with a rental car ready to go from Milwaukee to Chicago. I land around midnight, get the car (luckily the Budget clerk was still there) and head for Chicago. I get to the downtown area around 2am(3am Atlanta) -- 21 hour day. I wake up to a preset alarm at 5:15 and head to the airport to get a new car and my luggage that went to O'Hare. I get some donuts at Krispy Kreme and head back to the hotel when Kinsey is getting his nice 8 hours of sleep. We roll over to South Bend and have a few hours until the wedding. We get ready and head down stairs to catch a bus when I run into my old college roommate who I haven't seen in 4 years. We didn't realize we both knew the bride's family.

The wedding was beautiful. It was in the Notre Dame Cathedral and was a short mass, at an hour. I don't think I've ever made it through an entire Catholic Mass, but this one was short and entertaining, the Priest was funny.

From there, the party started at the hotel with drinks in the atrium and then moved to a hall for dinner and dancing. It took me a couple rounds to get the dancing going but wedding dancing is never a style contest, everyone looks bad. After the reception, the party moved to the rooms where the memories start to fade. I have some pictures, but I don't remember much of that part of the night. I woke up in a random room and had to check the door to find out where I was. After talking with the occupants of the room, I realized I was there partying til I passed out. I'll have to get some other accounts to make the complete story , but I'm sure it was a good time, at least the pictures show a good time. Weddings are just about the only time this is an acceptable practice after leaving college. No one questions the drunk actions at a wedding, unless there is a major faux pas -- puking on yourself, not kosher.

I got home around midnight after being at the Chicago airport all day. All in all a great weekend. I'm young enough to work through the really fun weekends with great friends while trying to do non-rev travel (stand-by). I'm a little tired today and I need a nap but I'll be able to sleep at some point. If anyone is reading this from the wedding, add your thoughts, experiences, and journeys from the Notre Dame wedding.

About me

  • I'm todd
  • From Atlanta, Georgia, United States
  • I work in a cube, dreaming of the outside world all day. There are no windows near me, only virtual images displayed in front of me. I try to be creative from time to time, but it's hard to minic the world when you don't remember what it looks like. This is why I travel and take in new sights and sounds and people, when it's posible. Stimulation is better than simulation. I also ramble aimlessly on about absolutely nothing.
My profile

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates