« Home | Which one are you? » | The True Artist » | Adopt a Chicken » | Crazy DDR » | One Year » | Turn Off TV Week » | reason » | Friendster Spam » | Little Caroline » | Truman Show » 

Thursday, May 12, 2005 

Silent Speech Technology

Click the title for the article.

I've had this idea buzzing around in my head for a while, not the silent speech idea, but sub-vocal communication in loud environments. Basically, I want a system where I can tune in and out of conversations, the ultimate in egocasting. I want to be able to go out in public and decide what I want to hear, if it's my friends, the kids playing on the swings, the waiter at a resturant, or the person at the other end of the phone. BlueTooth enabled voiceboxes, that's the cat's pajamas. Think of the BlueTooth Sharking practices in Bars with phones transfered to voiceboxes. Someone tunes into your frequency to just say hi. So many cyborg possibilites. But with the good comes the bad -- advertising would have a field day with this one. Hackers trying to break the code that keeps you safe from sounds. I could go on and on about this but your imagination could drive my comments.

Tune into the right volume too.

About me

  • I'm todd
  • From Atlanta, Georgia, United States
  • I work in a cube, dreaming of the outside world all day. There are no windows near me, only virtual images displayed in front of me. I try to be creative from time to time, but it's hard to minic the world when you don't remember what it looks like. This is why I travel and take in new sights and sounds and people, when it's posible. Stimulation is better than simulation. I also ramble aimlessly on about absolutely nothing.
My profile

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates