« Home | Ishmael and an integral world » | Nike is Going Green » | Wednesday's Gone » | Ambient Displays » | Dodgeball.com » | Privacy with RFIDs » | Snowboarding in Squaw » | Catching Air » | Public vs. Private Space » | Radio is Free! » 

Saturday, March 19, 2005 

Truman Show

I just caught the end of The Truman Show. It was great to see an example of some of Ishmael's definitions of man. The most noble part of the film was when Truman left the perfect land of his life and stepped into the unknown world, something he has never seen. His creator tells Truman the world is his and everything he needs is within the confirmed space of the tv show. This resembles the flight of man from eden. Why does everyone that has been watching the show cheer when he leaves? Fighting against the confined space of life and control, free will, is the ideology that is engrained in our culture.

About me

  • I'm todd
  • From Atlanta, Georgia, United States
  • I work in a cube, dreaming of the outside world all day. There are no windows near me, only virtual images displayed in front of me. I try to be creative from time to time, but it's hard to minic the world when you don't remember what it looks like. This is why I travel and take in new sights and sounds and people, when it's posible. Stimulation is better than simulation. I also ramble aimlessly on about absolutely nothing.
My profile

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates