« Home | Snowboarding in Squaw » | Catching Air » | Public vs. Private Space » | Radio is Free! » | First Time » 

Monday, March 07, 2005 

Privacy with RFIDs

It seems as though the Homeland Security Department has created another ID tag with the latest technology. The new card will feature Bluetooth and RF with Biometric info and personal security data. The user will authenticate with a swipe of the card and a fingerprint. It's got all the usually security features for government IDs (Wired Article). I'd like to see, but I know we'll know never unless a major screw up happens, if the Bluetooth signal will release information around the user. DC will start to see more wireless hackers and Bluetooth identity thieves in the coming months when the tags get their first go-around.

Will the general public need this type of technology to use a credit card, drive a car, leave/enter the country, access bank accounts? How would personal info and identities be affected by carrying them around in your pocket? What happened to the RF tags in the skin? Wouldn't people try and steal those too?

What's playing in itunes?
Orange Sky - Alexi Murdoch


About me

  • I'm todd
  • From Atlanta, Georgia, United States
  • I work in a cube, dreaming of the outside world all day. There are no windows near me, only virtual images displayed in front of me. I try to be creative from time to time, but it's hard to minic the world when you don't remember what it looks like. This is why I travel and take in new sights and sounds and people, when it's posible. Stimulation is better than simulation. I also ramble aimlessly on about absolutely nothing.
My profile

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates