« Home | Friendster Spam » | Little Caroline » | Truman Show » | Ishmael and an integral world » | Nike is Going Green » | Wednesday's Gone » | Ambient Displays » | Dodgeball.com » | Privacy with RFIDs » | Snowboarding in Squaw » 

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 

reason


reason
Originally uploaded by tgandee.
I was a little bored, and photoshop was right there to kick start the day. I went to freevibe.com, the government run anit-drug info site. I saw the Anit-Drug Campaign and thought of making my own. Incidently, coffee(or caffine) isn't on the site as an addictive drug. Smoking is on the site, but it's far down the list of dangerous drugs. This site is geared towards kids, so there are numberous statements about the effects of drugs on developing bodies. I never understood why these site don't talk about moderation. Every diet book I've been reading lately have said that red wine is one of the better drinks(on the same lines as grapefruit juice) for me, but in moderation. All the examples of drug use that kids grow up with are do or die situations. That might be the case with heorin or a poorly mixed batch of acid or x. Most kids are going to try something out, see if it kills them, and keep trying more and more. The Anti-Drug Campaign is giving them a false impression of the effects. There isn't much about legal drugs on the site either. Pain killers are fast becoming the new pot. Mainly because kids have access to free pills from their parents. Taking Zanex or Percocet on a regular basis will cause more damage to someone's state of mind then taking MDMA at rave once every six months.

I'm not trying to endorse drugs. But, I've never felt that those informing me about drugs have given me the full story.

About me

  • I'm todd
  • From Atlanta, Georgia, United States
  • I work in a cube, dreaming of the outside world all day. There are no windows near me, only virtual images displayed in front of me. I try to be creative from time to time, but it's hard to minic the world when you don't remember what it looks like. This is why I travel and take in new sights and sounds and people, when it's posible. Stimulation is better than simulation. I also ramble aimlessly on about absolutely nothing.
My profile

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates