« Home | Turn Off TV Week » | reason » | Friendster Spam » | Little Caroline » | Truman Show » | Ishmael and an integral world » | Nike is Going Green » | Wednesday's Gone » | Ambient Displays » | Dodgeball.com » 

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 

One Year

Today is my 1 year mark at my company.

Let's recap the year . . .

Work -
Started wokring on a web based training app which I finished up in January, running without glitches. There were many content and function updates before live users worked through the app problem free. We've been running the app for 4 months without a support call. I've completed the web re-design, created ads for publication, and started a demo video for the software. All this without the aid of an Art Director, Editor, or Creative Director. I'm by myself here, that's why this takes this long.

Personal -
I've been in and out of relationships, but all in all, I've spent some great times with great people. I moved into my first apartment by myself. I live by some great friends who are usually there to have a scotch or beer with and enjoy great conversation. In the 8 months that I've been in my loft, I have completed a couple home-repair projects, making the place look more like me.

Sport -
I started rock climbing in July. It's led to uncontrollable spending on ridiculous rock climbing gear. I use everything though. I have two pairs of shoes, 12 quickdraws, 60m rope, gear sling, harness, cinch, ATC, chalk bag, and we have a slack line set up at a friends house, he has more gear too. I've lead 3 routes outdoors and I just took a class on leading in the gym. Hopefully, I can get on the roof of the gym soon, but it's scary up there. I want to leading 5.11s outdoors sometime this year. This is probably the best sport I've gone after. It involves a complete systems of focus, strength, technique, and endurance. It's all about you on the rock and puzzle to get up it.

Travel -
Right before I started the job last year, I hiked Mt.Whitney in Cali.(14.5k). That was amazing. Since then I haven't done many active vacations but I've travels quite a bit. In August, I saw the last Phish Concert Ever -- Conventry, VT (the pictures are amazing). In the fall, I saw NYC, San Diego, San Francisco, and Miami for play, work, and family. At the beginning of 2005, I flew to LA for a wedding in Phoenix. I drove from LA to Phoenix with some friends and partied with hs school folks, weddings are great. In February, I went to Squaw Valley to snowboard for three days. Most recently, I was in Miami to see my new niece and party with some friends. There were some road trips in there too.

Projections --
This year I'll turn 26, get over that hump of my mid-twenties. I see more trips to Miami to see my niece, some trips to New York for shopping, trips out west to see friends and climbing, maybe some european travel. I have a good grip on my life right now so I think I'll try and spice things up with responsibilty (maybe some cats or a dog). From this point, I can start being an adult with the perks of being young. I'm starting to go to more weddings, I'm even in some this year(not my own). Well that's it! I'm a year older and the world is still turning, so I'll keep turning with it.

About me

  • I'm todd
  • From Atlanta, Georgia, United States
  • I work in a cube, dreaming of the outside world all day. There are no windows near me, only virtual images displayed in front of me. I try to be creative from time to time, but it's hard to minic the world when you don't remember what it looks like. This is why I travel and take in new sights and sounds and people, when it's posible. Stimulation is better than simulation. I also ramble aimlessly on about absolutely nothing.
My profile

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates