« Home | Nokia Sensor » | Punk Rock Show - Rock out with your Cock Out » | Dog sitting! » | Caroline dancing on the pack n' play.   » | Bugger! » | Google is the worlds largest media company! » | Found » | The Colors are in! Are you hip enough wear these » | Connections » | Enronic » 

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 

habit

"Only the weight of implacable habit implelled it onward"
- Geoff Dyer from
Yoga for People Who Can't Be Bothered to Do it

I like this quote, it made me think of those reations you have to familar stituations. Everyday actions or methods for going about the day. Coffee gets to the table; immediately, I empty a sweet 'n low packet then proceed to pour cream slowy into the cup. I watch cautiously as the chaos ensues. Tiny white speckles surface and expand into drops falling from the bottom of the cup. As they hit the top, the drops swirl into their center leaving a tail of white. Eventually, the white and brown mix. I watch this every time. Whole cream works the best.

Sweet and Low! I don't know you at all.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm todd
  • From Atlanta, Georgia, United States
  • I work in a cube, dreaming of the outside world all day. There are no windows near me, only virtual images displayed in front of me. I try to be creative from time to time, but it's hard to minic the world when you don't remember what it looks like. This is why I travel and take in new sights and sounds and people, when it's posible. Stimulation is better than simulation. I also ramble aimlessly on about absolutely nothing.
My profile

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates