« Home | Found » | The Colors are in! Are you hip enough wear these » | Connections » | Enronic » | Let them eat . . . enchiladas? » | Beast Blender » | 3 Days, 4 States, 4 hotel rooms, 2 Cars, 1 Wedding » | Keys to my heart ! » | 360 Electrical Outlets » | Wulffmorgenthaler's Daily » 

Friday, June 10, 2005 

Google is the worlds largest media company!

I just saw this and I'm in shock. I really don't know how they're a media company in what I think is media. But nonetheless, this is step in the right direction for media control. I just watched Manufacturing Consent, a documentary on Noam Chomsky and his book with the same title, and its great to see the control of information aggregation is moving towards open links and free connections based on content not ad-dollars. Their search and news and blogging, and everything else in that magic hat of theirs has changed the way we think and read and find anything. Instead of depending on one source to tell us what's going on, we are actually searching it out and finding out more than what's fed to us. The many-many model of the net, I've been on a kick about this lately, is realized. Google helped us that a set closer to making this world more democratic by opening the gate to information. Thanks Google! I don't know what I'd do without you.

Also, Fuck AOL! (google surpassed time-warner).

nice post, i've been meaning to watch that movie.

google (and the internet) is very democrazing, more then any political person could have imagined.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm todd
  • From Atlanta, Georgia, United States
  • I work in a cube, dreaming of the outside world all day. There are no windows near me, only virtual images displayed in front of me. I try to be creative from time to time, but it's hard to minic the world when you don't remember what it looks like. This is why I travel and take in new sights and sounds and people, when it's posible. Stimulation is better than simulation. I also ramble aimlessly on about absolutely nothing.
My profile

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates