« Home | Term of the Day: Quad-Core » | Opactiy in Design » | Google Map Mash-Up » | my dysfunction » | I, TV » | Grey Winter » | Ants » | I'll try harder » | I'll try harder » | You know you're a geek when . . . » 

Friday, February 03, 2006 

itunes blog search post

I'm stealing this from cassi -

what to do: open iTunes/iPod or Windows Media Player to answer the following. Go to your library. Answer (by commenting or reposting on your own blog), no matter how embarrassing it is.

Number of songs: 4875 items (there are some podcast, audiobooks, and lost episodes in there), but mainly music -probably 99% of it.

Sort by song:
First Song: !!!!!!! - The Roots
Last Song: Zoo Station - U2

Sort by time:
Shortest song: Hail Satan - Tenacious D (but Bonus Track (Ani Difranco) 0:06 is number 2);
Longest song: it's an audiobook, but the song that's next is "Moving Shadow 01.1" - Mixed by Timecode.

Sort by artist:
First Artist: 2raumwohnung (on a DJ Tiga Album)
Last Artist: The Zutons

Sort by album:
First Album: 1 -- The Beatles
Last Album: Yoshimi Battles the Pink robots (The Flaming Lips), me too

Top Five Most Played Songs:
1. Epic -- Karsh Kale
2. I'd Rather Dance with You -- Kings of Convenience;
3. Judy and the Dream of Horses -- Belle and Sebastian;
4. Transatlanticism -- Death Cab for Cutie;
5. Space Walk -- Lemon Jelly;

Search:
"Sex":How many songs come up? 21
"Death": How many songs come up? 17
"Love": How many songs come up? 175
"You": How many songs come up? 353

Our music server at work has 68.3 days of songs -- so I have some other options if my measley 4800 doesn't work out for me.

About me

  • I'm todd
  • From Atlanta, Georgia, United States
  • I work in a cube, dreaming of the outside world all day. There are no windows near me, only virtual images displayed in front of me. I try to be creative from time to time, but it's hard to minic the world when you don't remember what it looks like. This is why I travel and take in new sights and sounds and people, when it's posible. Stimulation is better than simulation. I also ramble aimlessly on about absolutely nothing.
My profile

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates